Skip to main content

{Christian Book Review}: The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn



amazon.com
The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn is a book focused on lost and found, adventure, and romance.

Tamsen Littlejohn finds herself in a desperate position as her stepfather and suitor team up to find her...and her only resort is to head into the deep unknown with Jesse Bird, a white man raised Native American.
Tamsen, born into a life of privilege and honor, finds herself challenged in new ways: not only abandoning her charmed life, but also getting comfortable around this skillful, strong man who seems to have no problem taking care of her. This forced alliance slowly turns into a love Tamsen never could've imagined for herself. But can Tamsen and Jesse forge a new life together in hiding? Will God help them through?

Benton answers these questions perfectly.

I enjoyed this book immensely. Benton has a way of anticipating the reader, and making every scene interesting without it seeming tediously long. This novel is 378 pages, and surprisingly very thick, which kept me entertained during long days.
Although I loved the adventure and surprise that constantly hovered around Tamsen and Jesse, I felt that the romance was more secular instead of Christ-honoring. It was like the romance was the center of the story- not part of God's love, like it should've been. I would have preferred to have less of the romance, and more of God's leading Tamsen in the book.

The romance element was the main issue I had with this book, everything else- the writing, style, and story pace, was right on point. I would recommend this book- but only to certain age groups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Having a Vision Board

Life gets hard.

That's no secret, and sometimes even a message by Joel Osteen won't get you up out of your dump. I don't know about you, but I find when the 'storms' have stopped for awhile, God's giving me time to restock my spirit before the storm starts again. Just like it says in Psalm 91- "You're my refuge. I trust in you and I'm safe!" For me to really feel strong and secure in my faith in Jesus (that He will deliver my from the traps of the enemy), I have to pull out ALL the stops. This time, I'm highlighting the imperative importance of having a vision board right in front of you.







google.images.com Above are examples of vision boards. The reason I don't say 'dream' is because Jesus is your Dream, not whatever earthly things placed on the board. I say 'vision', because these inspire you to keep going, while also planting a seed of belief inside that the images you see WILL come to pass.
Benefits:
Let's talk benef…

Motives

These days the Lord has been dealing with me about want. Kind of hard for a girl, huh? It's more like little semi-teachings about what want does to people (selfishness and greed), making idols in life (much easier than you think ,becoming a Saul (losing your humbleness) and most recently, the motives behind the things we want. 




unknownmami.com
Do you find yourself praying about seemingly trivial things, although reminding yourself that the Bible says to pray about everything? Do you find yourself spending hours looking at the one thing you want online? Do you pray about things...but then not take time to see what God says about it because you're so excited?





I know the feeling.                                            powertochange.com

A summer promise to treat myself better and improve my quality of life has almost turned disastrous! If God hadn't shown me the path I was innocently going down, I would've been TORN APART! Like I listed in the first paragraph, God dealt wi…

Beastia | Zoe Cruz

What if Beauty became the beast?
Zoe Cruz's newest release, Beastia, comes at an opportune time with Emma Watson's modern adaptation of Beauty and the Beast capturing the hearts of Disney fans all around the world. In a refreshing contrast, Cruz provides a grittier, more realistic version of how the beast could live in the hearts of those closest to us. In fact, with this new release, Mean Girls meets Beauty and the Beast as Chicago scream queen Rebekah Austin rules her school with an iron fist. Although her facade of perfectly manicured hair, nails and outfit might say otherwise, beneath it Rebekah feels ugly, repulsive and even...beastly. 
This is so refreshing from the typical retelling of the story, because Cruz flips the script and challenges the notion that conventionally beautiful women must fall in love with not-so-cute guys (like maybe, quite literally, a beast), when the opposite can occur. Join writer Zoe Cruz in redefining important lessons about beauty, self-worth, …