Skip to main content

I Saw Doug Addison!!

Doug Addison
dougaddison.com



Last month, I had an amazing experience at a Joan Hunter Ministries Conference. I'd gotten a letter in the mail concerning it, but do to scheduling, I didn't think I'd be able to attend. I prayed about it, begging God to open the schedule, but it didn't look like it would happen. Lo and behold, that very day there was a breach in my schedule that allowed me to go. Problem was, I didn't feel like it. I was in a nasty mood, didn't 'feel' like worshiping God, and I was letting all types of demonic thoughts rule me. "Oh well, we're already late." "What if God doesn't let me feel His love like He did before?" "I don't even feel like worshiping right now, my heart is too closed off." But as we drove into the 4 Corners Conference Center, a tiny seed of hope flared inside of me. Maybe this is where I'll feel that agape love [agape is a Hebrew word for strong love- it defines that overflowing, desperate love we get from dwelling in God's presence] I'd been desperate to feel from Jesus ever since He revealed it to me.


We were late for worship. My heart still seemed closed off. As I crossed my arms around myself, Joan Hunter introduced the special guest. I'd read earlier that he was a 'tattoo prophet', something I'd never heard of in my entire life. I'd been to my share of Full Gospel Businessmen Conferences, seen a prophet, been prophetised over, but I'd never seen one like Mr. Addison. He started off with comedy. I could feel the weight lifting off my shoulders as I continued to laugh, but later, when Doug revealed the purpose of the comedy I could see how God was working through Him to touch me, rather, touch us. As dusk turned into night the lovely presence of God grew stronger, and Doug began telling us his story, slowly easing us out of comedy and into ministry. It was beautiful. Tingles started in bodies, people started trembling, the air was so thick with God's love. You could see all of God's people standing in lines, hands held out for grace. You could see it in their faces, how desperate they were to hear one word pour from the mouth of God. And He was generous that night. In that night alone strongholds were broken, broken hearts received hope, two angels stood in the room, and tattoos were prophesied over. There was not one person in the room who wasn't affected by how wonderful it was to just rest in God and hear what His plans for His people were.

As I sat there, effected tremendously by it all, I was blown away yet again. How strong His agape was for me! For His people! It was a conference that I will treasure forever.

Happy July, month of prosperity.
Rest in God this month and the rest of the year. He's gonna do great things.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazaraus Awakening: Changed My Spiritual Relationship

I have really grown after reading her book--and this is only the last of the series! I now keep this book on my shelf for safekeeping, and I've even bought the first book of the series to grow further. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to grow in their relationship with God--or anyone trying to pump life into it and reconnect. It made me look at Jesus and his interactions with Lazarus and his sisters differently, which caused me to look at my life differently, and that has really made the difference! 5/5 for sure! Thanks to Blogging for Books for the copy.

The Christian Life

...in a nutshell. "He [she] preferred to share the oppression [suffer the hardships] and bear the shame of the people of God than to have the fleeting enjoyment of a sinful life." -Hebrews 11:25 The Bible says that we will never depart from the way of our parents. If you grew up in a Christian home, or even if you didn't, your knowledge of Jesus will never leave you. I can enjoy the sin for a moment but just like this verse says, it's a fleeting moment, and once that temporary fulfillment's over, I can literally FEEL my Father in Heaven grieving. And I join in, too.  Meditate on this scripture if you currently find yourself in a situation that is forcing you to be with unbelievers or those that are lost. Remember, they don't have the standards you do. They're not concerned with pleasing the Father. Don't settle for less. Prefer to share the oppressions and bear the shame, because you'll make your Father smile and be proud of you. -Think a

Getting to Know You Better

  "But for a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back" (Isaiah 54:7). Compassion-" a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering" (Dictionary.com). God feels deep sympathy for ME. Me?! He feels deep sympathy for me like He did for Matthew.  "As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow Me," He told him, and Matthew got up  and followed Him" (Matthew 9:9). Matthew must've had a lot of faith to leave right then. Jesus must've had a smile on His face as He called His son in.  I am grateful to see a tidbit of what He is like.