Skip to main content

The Christian Life

...in a nutshell.



"He [she] preferred to share the oppression [suffer the hardships] and bear the shame of the people of God than to have the fleeting enjoyment of a sinful life." -Hebrews 11:25

The Bible says that we will never depart from the way of our parents. If you grew up in a Christian home, or even if you didn't, your knowledge of Jesus will never leave you. I can enjoy the sin for a moment but just like this verse says, it's a fleeting moment, and once that temporary fulfillment's over, I can literally FEEL my Father in Heaven grieving. And I join in, too. 

Meditate on this scripture if you currently find yourself in a situation that is forcing you to be with unbelievers or those that are lost. Remember, they don't have the standards you do. They're not concerned with pleasing the Father. Don't settle for less. Prefer to share the oppressions and bear the shame, because you'll make your Father smile and be proud of you. -Think about it-. You made the CREATOR of the World smile. Just because you went through a little pain and teasing. 

No pain, no gain, right? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Him

googleimages This morning I had beautiful whitespace (as FaithBarista Bonnie Gray calls it) in my favorite place. My mind was muddled and I was trying to fix it myself. Walking along the beautiful lake, I clutched my books to my chest and thought. Even the gorgeous scenery against the light November wind hadn't calmed me. I heard something: Do you remember how you were when I first met you? Me: A mess. Don't you think if you were there, a mess without any sense of direction and I guided you out of that and brought you here, that I won't guide you? I will guide you out of anything and everything. You just keep loving Me and spending time with Me and you'll find you're already there. He spoke to me. He spoke to me!! I'd been so worried about where He wanted me to go and how I was going to get there and how far away I was from that place that I forgot His basics. I'm just here to love him and spend time with Him...then I'll look up one da...

How to: Spend Time with God

 madouthere.files.wordpress.com Speaking to the Holy of Holies can be a little daunting at first, to say the least. For a new Christian, this can be one of the most dreaded things that comes with living the righteous life. What if He won't answer me? What if I can't hear anything? What if (haha)...I'm bored? Shh! Shh! I don't want to hear anymore 'what if questions'! In fact, I don't want to hear any doubtful questions right now. You just read. Let me tell you a secret- All spending time with God is this  talking to God and telling Him that you need Him in different ways. Then you listen for His response. It works just like a conversation. And just like a normal human friendship, it needs to be maintained everyday to be strong and continue thriving. What? You thought you could just talk to God on Tuesday and then not come back till the next Tuesday of next month? Doesn't work like that. Actually, the more you spend time with God and se...

College Rules: the new rules for school

This book helped change the way I saw academics, and changed my grades for the better.  As a second-year student who read this going into freshman year, this book has become a manual for me. It's the first and only college advice book I read as I started college.  Knowing the book was written by two experienced professors and researchers who've spoken and taught hundreds of students made me feel confident that the advice in this book was legit, and "in the know" advice only professors would have. I enjoyed reading it, as it really felt like I was having a conversation with the authors. It in no way felt like I was being "talked at". So grateful that Jesus sent this book--out of all the college preparedness books out there--for me.  In my two years of college, I have made Dean's List every semester, partly due to the advice on how to study found in this book. I keep it permanently on my bookshelf as a reference in case I need a little refresher on how to ...